As with any other product, you can maneuver when choosing between price and quality. The quality of solar panels primarily determines the service life. When making a purchase and choosing budget or frankly cheap options, be prepared that such solar panels will not last you a long time, because when you buy cheap Chinese products, you will most likely get modules made of polycrystalline silicon or amorphous. The resource is much less than other types of solar panels. The difference will also be in efficiency and wear rate of materials – sealants.
How to choose solar panels
Which 100 watt solar panels – solarhub.energy is better? A clear answer to the question: which solar panels are better – no. You always have to choose between some factors, so this article aims to consider the main factors of reliability and durability of solar cells, as well as their level of electrical efficiency.
- As mentioned above, basically the battery life is based on the quality of the sealing materials, so be sure to check with the manufacturer if the quality materials are used in the panels.
- Remember that monosilicon panels give out perhaps the most powerful level of efficiency on the market – up to 20%. At the same time, the single-crystal structure of the batteries is resistant to environmental influences, of course, if the production was carried out in accordance with the norms and standards. Again, when buying solar panels for the home, choose well-known, branded manufacturers. Or be very attentive to quality. It happens that among the newcomers to the market come across quality options.
- There are also multi-crystalline silicon solar panels. These are the same amorphous batteries, so do not confuse with single-crystal batteries. Or polycrystalline.
- A very important point about the operation of polycrystalline batteries. Surely, you know what garden lanterns look like, which are installed along the paths? Such, with a small solar panel on the lid. So the normal operation of such lamps is enough for one season. The battery wears out so quickly that every season runs less and less. Therefore, be careful when buying polycrystalline batteries, do not wait for an attractively cheap price, you will get quality. Regrettably, this does not happen.
- Speaking about the battery profile, you need to remember that in fact the solar module is a kind of sail. Therefore, the thickness and material of the profile is very important. It is also important how it is fixed. Pay attention to what design the profile has, it must be a reliable supporting element with rigid edges. Otherwise, your panels will not withstand the first more or less serious wind. Be careful, because the manufacturer is trying to save on what is only possible and impossible.
- Of particular importance in the design is the texture of the glass. Everything is very simple: on the glass, under the lamination there are photocells, in order to squeeze the maximum efficiency out of the panels, textured glass is needed. After all, the smooth will simply reflect direct sunlight, however, like the scattered ones. At the same time, as low-reflector glasses, they collect the radiation of the sun into themselves, without reflecting the rays. Thus, paying attention to the correct choice of glass for solar panels, you can increase the efficiency up to 15%. Therefore, to the question which solar battery to buy, you know the answer, if we are talking about glass. By the way, thanks to the right choice of the texture of glass, the efficiency increases in cloudy weather.
- The price for tempered glass is, of course, higher, but it will give even more reliability for your solar panels. In addition, such glasses will weigh less, which means the roof (if it is planned to be located there) will be under less load.