World Energy Forum University Chapters are membership-based groups in university communities that give undergraduate as well as graduate students the opportunity to support World Energy Forum’s worldwide mission of providing safer, more assessable, more sustainable energy to all nations and peoples.
In their universities or national communities, the University Chapters will:
- Support national and international energy policy that can promote energy for all;
- Advocate the scientific advancement to achieve safer, more assessable and more sustainable energy;
- Lead educational programs for public awareness and for the efficient use of energy, especially through community-wide coordination of World Energy Day activities;
- Initiate projects to help energy-deprived populations;
- Coordinate humanitarian relief efforts from energy-related disasters.
A University Chapter shall become part of World Energy Forum’s worldwide University Chapter Network and shall coordinate programs with World Energy Forum International Headquarters and connect with other University Chapters for global initiatives.
In addition to public recognition by World Energy Forum, members will receive valuable leadership skills and international experience as well as an excellent opportunity to make a difference in the world.
Those groups who wish to be formalized as World Energy Forum University Chapter are invited to contact:
Department of University Chapters
World Energy Forum International Headquarters
866 United Nations Plaza Suite 422
New York, New York 10017
United States of America
Phone: 212 759 3185
Fax: 646 666 4349
Email: [email protected]